Roasted Italian Sausage and Veggies
There are a lot of things I love about this recipe. First, it’s delicious. It’s also healthy, naturally gluten-free and paleo-optional. But my favorite part about making this recipe is how easy it is! The prep work takes about 10 minutes, you only dirty one pan (and your cutting board, but only one pan!) and the oven does all the work for you, deliciously roasting the veggies and sausage.
Plus, it’s super colorful. Check out that rainbow of flavors!
For the sausage, you can pick whatever style you prefer. I’ve made this with a few varieties but I really love aidell’s brand Italian-Style Gluten-Free Sausage. You could absolutely make this with chicken breast as well, but I’d suggest giving the chicken a little sear in a pan first to give it a nice texture.
You can also mix and match with your favorite veggies or what you have on hand. Mushrooms are great in here and summer squash would also be tasty.
Don’t let the list of spices scare you! They provide an incredible combination of flavors. I promise you will love how easy this dish is to make, and I bet it will be a new weeknight favorite in your house!
Roasted Italian Sausage and Veggies (Paleo, Gluten-Free)
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- YIELDS 4-6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- Prep the veggies:
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- Chop the onion into large chunks.
- Trim, clean and halve the brussels sprouts.
- Halve the zucchini then cut into thick coins.
- Coarsely chop the broccoli into medium-sized florets.
- Chop the sausage into thick coins.
- Pour all of the veggies and sausage onto the sheet pan.
- On top of the veggies and sausage, add all of the seasoning and olive oil. (You could mix this together in a separate bowl if desired, but I mixed directly on the sheet pan to save another dish!) Use tongs or your hands to combine everything and make sure all of the veggies and sausage are coated in the spice mixture.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Toss the veggies around and roast for an additional 20-25 minutes, until the veggies are nice and roasted.
- Remove and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired. (Omit for paleo - it's super delicious with and without it. I've made it both ways!)
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy on its own, or server over cauliflower rice/brown rice/quinoa.