Jerk Chicken & Mango Avocado Salsa
Say hello to one of my new favorite recipes!
This jerk chicken topped with mango avocado salsa is mighty delicious, wicked easy to whip up and can be on your table in under an hour. Of course, if you have more time, letting the chicken marinate longer in this fabulous sauce will develop even more flavor, but it’s still fantastic with a quick 30 minute soak in the fridge.
It’s also beautiful. Check out those colors!
The spicy marinade is full of rich spices and the perfect balance of heat. And the mango avocado salsa is so divine that I would have been happy as a clam to eat it with a spoon as my main course! The combination of flavor and heat from the chicken with the sweet and spicy salsa is perfect.
It’s completely paleo and gluten-free, which is a plus! To keep things paleo, you can serve this over cauliflower rice, or if you’re not following a paleo diet, this is excellent over brown rice, quinoa or on its own. It makes for really yummy leftovers, too.
You are going to love this dish, I promise!
Wishing you all a super week. Cheers!
Jerk Chicken & Mango Avocado Salsa (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole 30)
- Total Time: 45 min - 2 hours (depending on how long you marinate your chicken)
- YIELDS 4 Servings
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade into the bag over the chicken. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to 2 hours (it will be more flavorful if you have the full 2 hours!)
- Preheat your grill, grill pan or skillet to high heat. Cook the chicken on each side until it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees and is no longer pink. You should see a nice crust form from the spices.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- While the chicken rests, prepare your salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice the chicken, top with a healthy scoop of the mango avocado salsa and dig in!!