No-Churn Roasted Peach Ice Cream
Say hello to my new best friend.
Roasted Peach Ice Cream. We can be friends with ice cream, right? I think it’s perfectly acceptable, especially when it tasted this good.This ice cream is insanely knock-your-socks-off-flavorful deliciousness.And guess what? You don’t even need an ice cream maker. I love my ice cream maker, don’t get me wrong. But this ice cream requires less prep work, and doesn’t skimp at all on flavor.I’ve mentioned before that Jessica Merchant from How Sweet It Is truly is my favorite blogger. Her recipes are fantastic, her writing makes me laugh and her pictures are perfectly drool-worthy. This ice cream is on another level though.
Brilliant is a word that comes to mind.Look how beautiful and delicious the roasted peaches are. These scrumptious slices are folded into the most fluffy and delicate ice cream batter, along with pure vanilla extract and high quality bourbon for an incredible combination of flavors.I made my first batch a week ago. It makes a quart, and Adam and I devoured it in two days. I’m not exaggerating.
I made two more batches this weekend – another roasted peach batch, and a second batch that I split between heavier bourbon flavor with fresh vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla bean with shaved chocolate. Those are quickly disappearing in our freezer as well.
Once you make the vanilla base, you can really add in anything you want. So if peaches aren’t your thing, try another fruit, or mix in some crushed candy or cookies!
I can’t wait to keep exploring with other mix-ins, and other alcohols in place of the bourbon. My next test will probably be either a coffee-flavored ice cream with Kahlua and espresso powder, or possibly orange-flavored ice cream with Cointreau.
Adam doesn’t even like sweets (I’m the sweets addict in our house) and he keeps grabbing for this stuff more often than I do. (My conclusion is that this ice cream can turn even non-sweet-lovers into dessert fans!) It’s creamy, rich and absurdly flavorful with the perfect hint of bourbon.
No-Churn Roasted Peach Ice Cream
- Total Time: 40 minutes (plus 6+ hours to freeze)
- YIELDS 1 quart
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange the sliced peaches in a single layer and sprinkle with the brown sugar and salt. Roast until golden, about 35 minutes, flipping the peaches once halfway through.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extra and bourbon until combined.
- Pour the cold cream into the bowl of an electric mixer (or you can use a handheld mixer!) and beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. This will take a few minutes.
- Slowly and carefully fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. You want to be gentle so you don't take all of the air out of the whipped cream. (I'd recommend scooping a few spoonfuls of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk, and mixing that together first. Then pour the rest of the whipped cream in and gently fold until combined.)
- Gently fold in the sugar roasted peaches, and reserve a few for the top of the ice cream for decoration if desired.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a loaf-pan, 8x8" glass baking dish or paper ice cream containers.
- Freeze for at least six hours until firm. (I recommend making this a day in advance because it's best when frozen overnight!) It's delicious topped with granola for an added crunch :)