Rainbow Roasted Veggies
We eat with our eyes first.
And initially I thought that might be contributing to why these rainbow roasted vegetables are so delicious. I mean, look at that beautiful lineup of colors! They may be pretty to look at, but these veggies are also ridiculously tasty and unbelievably healthy, too.
They have NO oil!
Just veggies simply tossed with balsamic vinegar, oregano and salt before roasting, and voila.
Vegetable perfection. (It does exist!)
The combination listed below creates a beautiful spectrum of colors, but you can absolutely mix in your favorite veggies. This would be excellent with yellow squash, broccoli, sweet yellow onion, mushrooms or butternut squash subbed in. And you don’t have to keep them organized by color.
In fact I recommend you give them a good toss in the vinegar and spices before roasting to make sure everything is coated well.
Roasting brings out the veggie’s best flavors, plus the balsamic vinegar adds a slight sweetness to the mix which is really special. I love that this makes such a big batch, which could easily feed 4-6 as a side dish. It also makes fantastic leftovers! I’ve made these twice in the past week. They are seriously that good.
I love how healthy the mixture is without added oil. And they’re easy to whip together on a work night. Double bonus!
I promise these roasted rainbow vegetables will be a new staple in your house, too!
Rainbow Roasted Veggies
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- YIELDS 4-6 servings
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups (about 4 large) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- to taste balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chopped vegetables onto a parchment or tinfoil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar to taste and sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Mix so all vegetables are coated evenly with the vinegar and spices.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until veggies are cooked and roasted to perfection! Keep an eye on the vegetables during the last 10 minutes as cooking times may vary. I like mine to get a bit more roasted so I usually leave them in around 40-45 minutes.
Recipe adapted slightly from Simple Vegan Blog.