Creamy cheesecake filling studded with white chocolate chips is sandwiched between layers of fudgy chocolate brownie. I truly believe this is one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever made. Right up there with my S’mores Cookie Bars!
The brownie layer is slightly under-baked so it’s still soft and gooey. I recommend storing sliced brownies the fridge and taking them out a few minutes before you’re ready to enjoy. Sweet, dreamy dessert perfection.
I’ve been on quite the baking kick lately – perhaps it’s still the holiday season wearing off! All in moderation, right?! I will post a non-dessert recipe next. Promise.
Until then… cheers to the new year! Wishing you and your loved ones a beautiful year ahead filled with happiness, laughter and delicious food.
- Total Time: 1 hour
- YIELDS 16 brownies
- For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- For the Brownie Layers:
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- scant 2/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a parchment-sheet lined 8×8 baking pan.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a bowl with a hand mixer) beat cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and 1 egg and until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of white chocolate chips until well combined and set aside.
- On the stove create a double boiler by filling a small saucepan halfway with water and bringing to a simmer. Place the butter and milk chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over the simmering water (making sure the water isn’t hitting the bottom of the bowl) and stir continuously until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Incorporate in three parts into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Swirl the top chocolate layer into the cream cheese to make a marble pattern if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until top appears crinkled and center is cooked through when tested with a toothpick.
- Let cool and slice into squares.
Recipe adapted ever so slightly to be gluten-free from Lil Luna.