Roasted Beet + Tabbouleh Salad with Balsamic
This salad is so easy to throw together that I’m almost embarrassed to call this a recipe. But it is so delightful I had to share it with you!I know the name is a mouthful, but I had a hard time creating a name that represented the major ingredients in this dish. The combination was inspired by a local vegan cafe, and creates an utterly delicious mix of flavors.
- roasted beets
- quinoa tabbouleh
- sliced heirloom tomatoes
- chickpeas (or you could substitute a big scoop of hummus!)
- sunflower seeds
- mixed greens
- balsamic drizzle
The quinoa tabbouleh really makes this dish. I posted the recipe years ago, and it desperately needs to be re-photographed, but the flavors are there and OH BOY are they epic. You can prepare all of the ingredients first and then throw everything together when you’re ready to eat. Healthy and delicious lunch cravings, solved!
Roasted Beets + Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Balsamic
- Total Time: 25 minutes (including quinoa tabbouleh salad prep time)
- YIELDS 1 salad
- Prepare quinoa tabbouleh salad. (The quantities in this recipe will make enough for four servings.)
- Meanwhile, arrange the rest of your salad ingredients on a plate.
- Once the quinoa tabbouleh salad is finished, add a healthy scoop to your salad.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.