Vegetable Quiche Cups
As the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is SO important to start your day with a nutritious breakfast to fuel your body for the rest of the day.
If you’re in a time crunch trying to get ready for work (like me) sometimes there just isn’t time to prepare breakfast from scratch. Sometimes I make overnight oatmeal, or I have a bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt, but I especially love to have a container of these Vegetable Quiche Cups ready to go.
These Vegetable Quiche Cups are from the South Beach Diet Cookbook. You make them in advance and store them in your fridge or freezer. When you’re ready to eat, all you have to do is pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to one minute until they’re heated through.
I love to enjoy mine with some extra hot sauce a big pile of fresh fruit.
There are tons of things I love about this recipe.
- These quiche cups are so easy to make.
- They are perfect for breakfast on-the-go, and are easy to heat up at the office.
- There is only 77 calories per serving.
- They are customizable so you can make them with whatever veggies/cheese/mix-ins you have on hand.
- Plus, they are incredibly tasty!!
(The recipe makes 12 egg cups, and each 77-calorie serving is two egg cups. Or, if you’d rather make larger egg cups, you can use the quantities to fill six large muffin cups and there would be one egg cup per serving.)
Hugs, kisses + yummy dishes… xoxo
Vegetable Quiche Cups
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- YIELDS 6 servings (12 quiche cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups and spray with cooking spray. OR you can use a non-stick muffin pan and spray the tin with cooking spray to cook directly in the cups. I usually make these without the liners, but it's your choice!
- Microwave the spinach for 2-1/2 minutes on high. Carefully drain the excess liquid. (It will be hot!)
- Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, spinach, hot sauce and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Quiche cups can be kept in the fridge and frozen and reheated in the microwave. Reheat for 30 seconds - 1 minute until heated through.