Gluten-Free S’mores Cookie Bars
what is orlistat hexal I cannot believe that in the year I’ve had my blog I haven’t shared this recipe with you yet. I need to start off by saying that this is NOT my original recipe. I started making these S’mores Cookie Bars when I came across this recipe from Lovin’ From the Oven‘s site a few years back.
These are by far my favorite baked good. Everybody I make them for (friends, co-workers, family, neighbors) just falls in love with them, too. They are seriously incredible.
Imagine ooey gooey, melted marshmallow fluff and a layer of rich Hershey’s chocolate sandwiched between layers of cookie dough that is studded with graham cracker crumbs. Holy cow! I wish I could make these for all of you right now.
I used to make them exactly as her recipe stated, however I’ve since modified them (super easily!) to be gluten-free by utilizing gluten-free flour blends and gluten-free graham crackers. You can’t even tell the difference.
Check out Lovin’ From The Oven’s recipe here.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the butter to soften enough so you can blend together the butter and sugars. And then waiting for them to bake and cool enough so you can cut into squares. Or dig in with a spoon without completely burning your mouth…
As they finish baking the marshmallow fluff starts to peek through the top layer of cookie dough and it creates little melty pockets of marshmallow fluff. Pure heaven.
They are just fabulous straight out of the oven when they’re still a a bit warm. They are delicious room temperature. And they are insanely wonderful reheated in the microwave. You just can’t go wrong.
Do yourself, your tastebuds, your friends, your family and your co-workers a favor and go make these right now! These are one of my top five favorite recipes ever. My mouth is watering thinking about them right now. I’ll post an iteration of this recipe soon that incorporates a chocolate ganache layer and toasted mini marshmallows!
For now, enjoy. And please share your re-creations with me via comments and on social media with #hugsnkitchen!
Hugs, kisses + yummy dishes… xoxo
Gluten-Free S'mores Cookie Bars
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- http://nzeft.org/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://nzeft.org/therapist/annie-rogers/ YIELDS 16 bars
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (such as Cup 4 Cup)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (Kinnikinnick S'moreables Graham Style Crackers are my favorite!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 king-sized Hershey's milk chocolate bars
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough, breaking into pieces if necessary to create an even, single layer.
- Spread a layer of marshmallow fluff over the chocolate.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. (Flatten small pieces of cookie dough and piece together on top of the fluff rather than trying to do the entire top layer in one piece!)
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.