Lemon & Pine Nut Rice
This rice is so easy, so full of bright, lemon goodness and a delicious side dish that’s sure to impress your family, friends or guests.
You can use white or brown rice, both are awesome with this.
Pictures don’t do it justice!
This is from Martha Stewart’s cookbook, Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast and I love to serve it with her Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Mint-Feta Dipping Sauce.
What you’ll need: rice, water, toasted pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- water, 1 1/2 cups for white rice, 2 cups for brown rice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- In a medium saucepan, add the rice and water and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle with salt, cover the pot and simmer until the rice is cooked. 15-20 minutes for white rice and 45 minutes for brown rice.
- Remove the rice from the heat and fluff with a fork.
- Pour the rice into a mixing bowl and toss with the 1/2 of the lemon zest and lemon juice. Taste and see whether you want to add the remaining zest and juice, or if it’s lemony enough for your tastes.
- Add the toasted pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and server warm. (You can cover with tinfoil to keep warm while you prepare the rest of your meal.)
Hugs, kisses & yummy dishes… xoxo