Tahini Yogurt Dressing
This is another great salad dressing recipe from my newest cookbook, It’s All Good.
This dressing is a Greek-style dressing that is thick and creamy from the tahini and yogurt. It’s not incredibly “pretty” to photograph, but it’s really tasty and went perfect on our Greek salads.
I had never purchased tahini before and wasn’t sure how to store it afterwards, but I did some research and decided to store it in the fridge, and it supposedly lasts “forever.” It’s kind of a peanut buttery substance so it’s really thick and you’ll need to stir it together really well before you scoop it into the dressing mix.
You can add whatever your favorite salad ingredients are, but I used:
- romaine lettuce
- vine-ripened tomatoes
- hearts of palm
- feta cheese
- English cucumber
- rosemary grilled chicken
- salt and pepper
Other suggestions for salad toppings are red onions, kalamata olives, peperoncini peppers, gyro meat or whatever other ingredients you have on hand. This is just what I happened to have in my fridge and pantry at the time!
The dressing is also super easy to make and it makes a cup, so depending on how much you like on your salad it should last you a few meals!
Adapted slightly from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook, It’s All Good.
Makes 1 cup.
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together tahini and 1/4 cup boiling water until smooth.
- Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over your favorite salad and enjoy.
Hugs, kisses & yummy dishes… xoxo