Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp & Feta
I was scouring my Pinterest boards for dinner inspiration the other night, when I came across this recipe that I pinned a few months back. It looked yummy and the copious amounts of feta caught my eye. (We LOVE feta…) Anywho, decided to give it a try and I was incredibly thrilled with the results!
The presentation is beautiful and would make for a great dinner party dish. The flavors are rich and wonderful with the acidity from the tomatoes, salty bites of feta and the freshness of the parsley. The recipe called to serve this with crusty bread, which would be delicious, I bet, because there are a ton of yummy juices in the pan from the tomatoes, lemon juice and olive oil. But, being gluten-free and not having any delicious crusty bread on hand, I served with brown rice and roasted brussel sprouts, which was epically tasty. It would also be yummy over pasta.
Everything is fairly simple to put together, too. I highly recommend this dish and will definitely be making it again soon!
What you’ll need: big tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, feta, salt and pepper.
Preheat your oven to 450 and slice up the tomatoes into eighths. I used my circular CorningWare baking dish, but you could use an oval shape, rectangle, square, or whatever shape you have that’s oven-safe and will hold all of the ingredients. In your baking dish, combine the sliced tomatoes, 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic, salt and pepper and mix everything together until combined. It looks like a ton of garlic, but it’s not overpoweringly garlicky, so don’t worry.
Roast on the top rack of your oven for about 20 minutes. When you pull them out they should be softened and shrunk down a little bit, and the liquid from the tomatoes should have formed a nice sauce at the bottom of the pan.
Stir in the shrimp, parsley and lemon juice and mix it all together.
Top with the crumbled feta and pop it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through and the feta is melted and browned.
I did mine for about 17 minutes to be exact, and it looked like this.
I topped with some fresh parsley and served with brown rice and roasted brussel sprouts and garlic aioli. Delish!
Adapted from Real Simple
- 5 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and spoon the olive oil and garlic over them.
- Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss. Roast on top rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta.
- Return the dish to oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Hugs, kisses & yummy dishes… xoxo