Frozen Watermelon Lime Margarita
I spent Cinco de Mayo with one of my best friends yesterday, and we had such a lovely day! A bit more mellow than your average Cinco de Mayo, and it was just perfect. We walked to the Farmer’s Market, I bought a neat black and white photograph and we nibbled on the most epic batch of hot kettle corn while we walked around the lake.
The weather has been dreadful for the past week here in Orlando, and we finally had a beautiful, breezy, sunny day! So we ended up back at my house and grilled out a delicious Cinco de Mayo-inspired feast, complete with these Frozen Watermelon Lime Margaritas.
These margaritas were A-MA-ZING. And they’re so much healthier than the traditional frozen margarita that is chock full of sugar. The base is frozen watermelon and bananas, and you get nice pops of lime from the zest that’s peppered throughout. You could also make them without the tequila and they would be just as yummy. I will definitely be making these again soon!
What you’ll need: frozen watermelon, frozen banana, lime juice & zest, agave nectar, water and tequila.
Combine all of the ingredients in your blender. Blend everything together until smooth.
Pour into glasses and serve with a lime wedge or slice of watermelon.
Watermelon Lime Margaritas
adapted from My Life In Food
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (maple syrup)
- Zest from 2 limes
- Juice from 1-2 limes (depending on how strong you want the lime flavor to be)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of tequila
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. (Add more water or watermelon depending on whether you want to loosen or thicken the mixture up.)
- Serve with a lime wedge or slice of watermelon.
Hugs, kisses & yummy dishes… xoxo
[…] 8) Frozen Watermelon & Lime Margarita – You can’t have a great party without a solid margarita, right? Unless you’re sticking with beer for the day, this drink is utterly delicious. […]