My dad recently surprised me with Gwyneth Paltrow’s new cookbook, It’s All Good.
He didn’t even realize it when he bought it, but the book is filled with recipes that are either gluten-free by nature, or provide gluten-free ingredient alternatives for the ones listed. Jackpot!
The book is beautiful and simply fantastic.
In the first week with my new cookbook I think I made five or six recipes, and they were all delicious! There are some really great salad dressings in there, and salads are my favorite go-to lunch so I love incorporating new dressings into my repertoire.
This dressing is a Mexican take on a Green Goddess dressing. It has a great combination of cilantro and lime, with the perfect amount of heat from the jalapeño pepper. It’s also slightly sweet from the agave and salty from the course sea salt.
You can add whatever your favorite salad ingredients are, but for this week’s salad I used:
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- grilled corn
- fresh cilantro
- grilled chicken (which I marinated in a mixture of lime, tequila, salt, pepper and orange juice)
What you’ll need: plain yogurt, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, jalapeño, extra virgin olive oil, course sea salt and agave nectar.
The dressing is SO easy to put together, and you’ll be able to get at least four salads out of it! Combine all of the ingredients in your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. That’s it!
Pour over your favorite salad and enjoy! Let me know what you think
Mexican Green Goddess Dressing
Adapted slightly from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook, It’s All Good.
- 2/3 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 green jalapeño, roughly chopped (use more if you like spicy dressing!)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Keeps in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Hugs, kisses & yummy dishes… xoxo